Senior Writer - Investigative Unit, CNNLocation Los Angeles, California | San Francisco, California | Washington, DC | Atlanta, Georgia | Boston, Massachusetts | New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 180209BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Senior Writer will seek truth. Break news. Hold the powerful accountable. That's the mission of CNN's investigative team. Our team tackles investigations into myriad topics of national interest, including criminal and social justice issues, the environment, health care, public and private corporations, border and immigration matters, and the entertainment industry. We are a multi-platform unit that produces investigations for digital and broadcast. We tell original stories on important issues that have the potential to prompt change and right wrongs. Our stories are sometimes in-depth projects that are months in the making, and other times quick-turn investigations or enterprise pieces in the wake of breaking news events.
- The right candidate for this job will be equally adept at covering high pressure, rapidly unfolding news events and diving into in-depth, complex investigations.
- We're looking for a reporter well-versed in public records and creative in finding solutions to reporting obstacles.
- The position requires an energetic, self-sufficient, multitasker who is eager to work collaboratively.
- This reporter should be skilled in developing strong story pitches and managing projects efficiently.
- Above all, the job requires a critical eye and uncompromising commitment to facts, fairness and integrity.
- Our team is based in multiple cities.
- We prefer reporters to be located in our New York, Washington D.C., Atlanta, or Los Angeles bureaus, but remote work may be possible for the right candidate.
- 8+ years of editorial experience, with a proven track record of investigative reporting.
- Strong editorial judgment
- Strong research, interviewing and writing skills
- Beat expertise and experience with breaking news are preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with social media
- Ability to work in fast, high-pressure environment
- Ability to travel
- Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
BA/BS in related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS