VP, Enterprise Data Platform, Tech & OperationsLocation Los Angeles, California | Atlanta, Georgia | New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 180801BR Apply Now
The Vice President, Enterprise Data Platform, Tech & Operations for Enterprise Data Solutions (EDS) is a member of the Monetization and Data Platforms team. A core component of the EDS leadership team, this VP oversees the design, build-out and operations of the EDS Core Data Platform. They will direct the engineers responsible for the delivery and execution of EDS functionality and roadmap in addition to providing thought leadership and strategic technical direction in fast changing worlds of the cloud computing, data management platforms and analytics. This VP will work with all EDS teams and functions (EDS Business Operations, EDS Core and EDS Brands/Shared Service Group supporting HBO, International, Revenue Operations, and Sports), EDS partners and EDS clients develop a strategic technical vision for EDS deliverables.
- Develop strategy and execute the development of a global enterprise data infrastructure to facilitate data-informed decision-making and activation of data in support of marketing, advertising/monetization, product development and personalized/enhanced customer experiences across all WarnerMedia brands
- Oversee data quality, pipelines and security and data operations across enterprise data solutions
- Work closely with multiple levels of leadership within WarnerMedia and across domestic and international markets and data regions
- Decide tools and technologies with the end goal of creating innovative data-driven insights that are solution-driven
- Take ownership of priorities and ensure that the team deliver results on time and of high-qualify.
- Develop a deep understanding of business KPI’s that affects each function and manage
- Deep knowledge of Cloud trends and technologies that are important for Data processing.
- Thorough understanding of concepts such as Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Marts, Databases
- Hands on experience working in AWS and good understanding of tools such as:
- Storage layer, compute options, Glue, Athena, Kinesis, Various AWS Database offerings
- Good understanding of available resources and technologies to secure all resources in the cloud
- Demonstrable experience in Snowflake
- Understanding of how to optimize queries in Snowflake to provide a good experience for Users
- Understand the available levers to bring down overall spend in AWS and Snowflake
- Knowledge of other competing technologies such as Hadoop, HIVE, Presto and various Database Offerings
- Working knowledge of Spark, Java, Data Science Notebooks & Libraries
- Demonstrated ability to work with Data Scientists, BI users, Data Engineers, Data Analysts and Data Architects
- Knowledge of Looker, Tableau or similar tools and how to optimize them
- Ability to spot new technology trends and continue to investigate the ones that may help with our platform
- Ability to build teams that work together well and are motivated and always striving for excellence and provide best possible service to their stakeholders
- Track record of success in building performance data ecosystems to support decision making processes
- A Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Capacity to build a team and navigate within a highly matrixed organization
- Superior analytical and communication skills
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changes in schedules and delivery and business priorities
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS