Lead Character ArtistLocation Manchester, England
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179969BR Apply Now
About TT Games
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With more than 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our more than 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
Tt Games wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
Business Unit Overview
TT Games was established in 2005 with the merger of games publisher Giant Interactive and the developer Traveller's Tales. TT Games was acquired by Warner Bros. in 2007. The company is proud to continue its mission to be the leading publisher of interactive entertainment for young gamers and their families as part of Warner Media and to develop exciting new content.
- Creative and Technical Direction of a team of Character Artists.
- Define and maintain the quality of Character Art to Project specific requirements.
- Ensure the License specific Design and Creation of Character tasks are directed and adhered too.
- Conduct regular Art Reviews and provide approval ready content.
- Assist in coordinating character art resources, schedules and priorities based on project needs.
- Delegating work and monitoring output to ensure the team is effective and organised.
- Identify and enter relevant issues into JIRA, ensuring effective information is given.
- Working closely with Animation and Rigging to ensure sufficient Character Setup and ingame results.
- Providing feedback on tools and working with the programming department to ensure tools provided are as accessible and productive as possible.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Ensure sufficient documentation within the Character Artist discipline is maintained.
Line Management Responsibilities:
- Identifying and ensuring all employee relations matters for a team of Character Artist (including absence, performance and conduct).
- Adhering to Company policies and procedures in liaison with Human Resources.
- Ability to establish trust within an open team structure.
- Able to provide structured critic to steer and reach the end goal.
- Supporting the recruitment of new employees in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Regularly reviewing employee performance through appraisals and 1-2-1’s to ensure performance targets and expected behaviours are delivered.
- Providing / arranging any required on-the-job training and coaching.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Multiple shipped titles with Project experience from initial phase to delivery.
- Strong interest in managerial skills, overseeing the work of other team members and mentoring and developing them.
- Authoritative and confident with Character Art direction.
- Excellent artistic eye for quality and ability to ensure consistency in results.
- Excellent understanding and proficient use of ZBrush, Maya, Substance Painter and Unreal Engine 4.
- Development experience and understanding of the technical requirements and limitations of providing Character Art for use in an Unreal Engine 4.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills to manage relationships at all levels within the Company and externally.
- Able to make decisions and manage under pressure while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Keen interest and working knowledge in emerging Software and technologies related to meeting the required high quality of Character Art.
- Experience implementing and maintaining material pipelines.
- Scripting capability for pipeline / tools efficiency.
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS