Director, Strategy & Finance - HBO Max-LatamLocation Miami, Florida
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179628BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Following the successful launch of HBO Max in the US, WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to Latin America. Reporting to the Vice-President of Data Insights & Planning HBO Max, Latin America, the Director of Strategy & Finance be responsible and accountable for the analysis of strategic initiatives and financials for reporting and planning.
- Maintain up-to-date forecast for revenues and expenses directly controlled by HBO Max Latin America, partnering with operating teams to provide updated information and clear understanding of deviations.
- Provide timely feedback to management about risks and opportunities to the company objectives and financial targets, including recommended actions to mitigate potential risks and capture opportunities.
- Deliver required inputs to corporate finance and accounting group responsible for consolidated financial reports, including uploading information into corporate systems and completing other standard documents.
- Lead budget and long-range plans, integrating company strategy with information about economic environment and industry trends.
- Coordinate with financial systems group the required processes and support to ensure seamless integration with the corporate function, including allocations to/from other units, alignment in reporting criteria and data structure, among other needs.
- Develop innovative analyses that measure financial and operational performance in ways not captured in basic financial statements.
- Produce financial projections, business plans and detailed operating models associated with new initiatives, highlighting the P&L impact to Warner Media, returns/sensitivity analyses and cash flow models.
- Provide analytical support to complex deal negotiations, including distribution partnerships and major content licensing agreements, among others.
- Review business case projections developed by operating groups and business development team to ensure consistent frameworks and criteria for analysis and evaluation of initiatives.
- Prepare presentations to senior management as part of strategic reviews, new initiatives and budgeting process.
- Manage a team of analysts, coordinating projects and deadlines, coaching team members and promoting best practices Compensation WarnerMedia intends to attract a superior candidate and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package including a base salary plus bonus.
- Analytical mindset that can understand and summarize underlying factors driving changes in observed data.
- Solid understanding of corporate finance, forecasting, financial statements, and accounting principles, with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in high-performing, cross-divisional teams, as interaction and cooperation with many groups and functions across Warner Media is essential.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- High attention to detail, aiming for zero-defect work with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experienced user of financial consolidation and reporting applications (e.g. Hyperion).
- Able to quickly learn and adopt new technologies.
- Fluent written and spoken English AND Spanish or Portuguese Education BA/BS in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS