Social Media Producer, CNN EspañolLocation Miami, Florida | Atlanta, Georgia
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179686BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Social Media Producer will be an experienced, enthusiastic Internet and social media news junkie. A successful candidate must have previous experience in social media at a reputable media organization, must be extremely organized with exceptional communication and writing skills. This person must also have passion and drive to optimize social content and identify successful areas of interest among our social audiences. Working across some of the largest and most engaged news social accounts in the world, the producer will be publishing and distributing content on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, emerging media and more.
- Publishing across our global social accounts - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, messaging apps - with a focus on international, breaking and new.
- Editing and coordinating social video and live social video.
- Collaborating with teams across social, digital and design to execute and brainstorm high impact social campaigns.
- Keeping track of breaking news and trending topics to inform the newsroom.
- Being a voice and liaison with editorial desks on content resonating with our social audiences.
- Stay on top of changes in algorithms and features in the social networks and keep the team informed and current.
- Train our teams to be social media savvy and understand the types of contents that work on social media.
- Elaborate reports on social media performance of our key social media accounts.
- Work with anchors and CNNE journalists to maximize the impact of our social media strategies and reach larger audiences.
- Identify and curate the best content from our different platforms to amplify it on our social media channels.
*** Spanish/English fluency, verbal and written, required***
***Must be able to work any shift including nights and weekends as this role supports a 24/7 business***
- 3-4+ years of journalism/community management experience preferred.
- Excellent social writing skills in Spanish.
- Ability to interact with audiences strategically and in line with CNN brand and standards
- Understanding of how online communities operate and react to news organization reaching out to users for content.
- Proven track record of creating engaging content (written, video, social) that drives traffic and engagement
- Know how to optimize social content
- Fluent in social media measuring tools, including but not limited to: Chartbeat, Omniture, Crowdtangle, Socialflow or Sprinklr.
- Ability to make decisions based on data analytics and metrics
- Demonstrated experience building audience through social networks.
- Ability to spot key conversations in the noise of social media
- Experience as a visual and creative storyteller, using videos, photos and multimedia to tell stories
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of digital media trends and emerging platforms
- Experience generating content for messaging platforms is a plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS