Senior Game DesignerLocation Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 169964BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Game Designer to be responsible for designing and driving development of player characters for a third-person open world action game.
The Senior Game Designer will be responsible for creating clear and actionable design documentation that supports the high-level vision of the Creative Director, and Game Director. They will be the primary point of contact for the features they design and will be responsible for coordinating the work of multiple disciplines into a cohesive, fun and high-quality gaming experience.
· Takes ownership of specific features or systems such as player navigation, game metrics, and works closely with Programming and Art departments to drive development towards the vision laid out by the Game Director and Creative Director.
· Creates and maintains living design documentation that keep pace with the project's progress and accurately conveys all necessary information to Design, Art, and Programming.
· Displays sufficient knowledge of the scripting languages and design tools of the Unreal engine to create and support prototype/grey box gameplay scenarios.
· Displays communication and organizational skills sufficient to align and motivate the Programmers, Artists and other Designers working on their feature.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
· Four to Six years of game design experience required.
· Shipped multiple console/PC titles in a designer role
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
· Associate degree or equivalent job experience preferred
· Experience with designing gameplay systems for an open world game.
· Experience designing gameplay features for an action game.
· Experience with player character mechanics.
· Ability to translate game concepts into on-screen gameplay.
· An understanding of gameplay flow and readability.
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Strong documentation skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
· Experience with Unreal Editor desired.
· Understanding of animation concepts preferred.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS