Gameplay Camera DesignerLocation Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 176492BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Camera Designer, working under the Animation Director and/or the Game Director, will be responsible to design, implement and fine-tune the gameplay combat cameras to ensure a smooth and seamless player experience through a rich and epic narrative experience. A successful Camera Designer will be able to collaborate with animators, programmers and other designers to create tools and camera solutions to create a dynamic and living world.
- Coordinate directly with representatives of multiple departments to design and implement an efficient pipeline for in-game combat cameras production;
- Create compelling combat cameras inside the game engine, in collaboration with designers and animators;
- Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Minimum of 3 years’ game development experience on AAA titles.
- Experienced with cinematic production or camera design.
- Experienced with character and camera animation in 3D software
- Ability to work under fast iteration / prototype processes.
- Unreal 4.
- Motion Builder
- Nice to have: Experienced with a Virtual camera process.
- Nice to have: Knowledge of programming languages at a scripting level.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- College Diploma in game-oriented 3D animation techniques or other equivalent training.
- Strong sense of composition, timing and editing
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Current on industry trends as it relates to modern game design and level design concepts.
- Ability to work closely with all project disciplines to ensure clear communication, troubleshooting and efficiency.
- Solid understanding of game art and processes to help in the development of workflow schedules and prioritization
- Capacity to ramp up quickly with custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands
- Communicate transparently across all levels of the organization to ensure alignment on goals.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS