Cinematic Production Coordinator (Contract)Location Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: TemporaryJob ID 177909BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division on WB Games Inc., seeks a Cinematic Production Coordinator to work with a game development team and more specifically within the Cinematics team on a major new project. The Cinematics Coordinator is responsible for supporting the cinematics producers with a variety of tasks including tracking deliverables, cinematics and assets progression using mostly Shogtun software, maintaining project plans and documentation as well as coordinating with other departments.
- Work with development team to understand artistic, technical and design requirements, and the established cinematics pipeline.
- Assist the team’s management with facilitating the planning, structure, and coordination of the team’s production processes and ensure that established processes are followed.
- Coordinate execution and create all production-related documents including meeting report, outsourcing plans, special features needs, etc. as assigned.
- Actively monitor dependencies/bottlenecks within the team and work with the team’s management to resolve.
- Assist the team’s management in keeping the team’s project organization tools up to date (Shotgun, flowcharts, scrum boards, timelines, etc.)
- Note and track feedback / changes requested by Directors during reviews.
- Provide clear reporting with internal and external groups as required.
- Be forward looking, communicate and work with the appropriate people to resolve any impediments for the team.
- Analyze and communicate team progress, achievement and velocity. Flag areas where results weren’t delivered and suggest mitigation.
- Responsible for putting together documentation packages required for deliveries and for approval with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the team in using the best practice methodologies and ensure that the status is constantly up-to-date and reflects reality of the team.
- Assist the team’s management planning based on the priorities set by the Milestone Planning process.
- Provide clear and constructive feedback about team members performance during quarterly review process
- Update team’s project management documents with developments and changes in priorities and objectives.
- Act as note taker for assigned meetings associated with the Production and make sure they are communicated to all relevant members of the team.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- 2+ years working in videogame, VFX, film, or equivalent experience, in a coordination or team support role.
- Experience in the cinematics, narrative or animation or related department preferred
- Previous experience with Shotgun (Autodesk) software is key.
- Proficiency with Jira, Microsoft Office.
- Strong writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of various project management techniques
- Results oriented with sense of prioritization.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and responsive in a frequently changing work environment.
- Proactive with excellent problem solving skills.
- An understanding of both console and PC development preferred.
- Passion for games.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Associate’s degree or better preferred, or equivalent relevant experience
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS