Senior backend/frontend software engineerLocation Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type:Job ID 176389BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior backend/frontend software engineer.
We are looking for candidates with 5+ years of experience as a software engineer and the ability to quickly learn new platforms. We use many different technologies within Hydra, and while we don’t expect you to know them all coming in, we need a candidate who can quickly learn and be proficient with them!
What part will you play?
- You will be responsible forserver-side game logic and web-based administration tools that integrate tightly with some of the largest franchises in the games industry
- You will work as part of a highly talented team of producers, engineers, and business specialists to expand our systems and add value to WB Games' catalogue of products.
What do we require from you?
- Experience delivering large, complex, highly available software systems
- Experience developing and operating distributed systems
- Knowledge of design patterns, SOA, refactoring and , unit and integration testing, load testing and blue/green deployment technics
- Knowledge of protocol buffers, gRPC and HTTP/2
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with building CI/CD
- Experience with web application servers, web development frameworks, proxy servers, communication protocols and databases (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience with micro services
- A detail-oriented, organized thought process and the ability to act decisively under pressure
- A proactive mindset and the ability to multitask and prioritize requirements
- A self-motivated work process and excellent communication skills
- An understanding of system optimization issues
- Experience with system monitoring tools
- Interest in working on-site at our office in Montreal, QC
Technologies we use
- Languages: NodeJS, TypeScript, C++, C#, Python
- OS: Windows, Linux
- Databases: Amazon Redshift, SqlServer, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres
- Frameworks: NodeJS, Angular, ExpressJS, VueJS, jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap..
- Misc: Git, Perforce, Jetbrains WebStorm, Visual Studio, VSCode..
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS