Senior Game DesignerLocation Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type:Job ID 176795BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
- Takes ownership of AI design, makes a plan for how it should be used in game, and works closely with the Programming, Animation, Modeling and Level Design teams to drive development towards the vision laid out by the Game Director and Creative Director
- Implements game content using the in-house engine tools and scripting languages
- Creates and maintains living design documentation in line with the project's schedule, and that accurately conveys all necessary information to the Design, Art and Programming teams
- Displays leadership and organizational skills. Guides and mentors associate designers, and coordinates multiple disciplines working on the assigned task
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- AI design experience on at least one successful AAA title.
- At least 7 years of game design experience required.
- Shipped multiple console/PC titles in some capacity.
- A passion for playing and making video games.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred
- Understanding of gameplay flow and scripting.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience with Unreal Editor considered an asset.
- Ability to translate game concepts into on-screen gameplay required.
- Art or engineering skills are considered an asset.
- Willing to commit to the team in terms of time and effort given.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS