Systems ProgrammerLocation Montreal, Quebec
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 176555BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Programmer (Systems) to work with its game development team responsible for a AAA title.
As a Programmer (Systems), this individual will develop, maintain, and optimize cross-platform run-time systems, examples of which include: streaming, animation, physics, and various other low-level systems
- Develop, maintain and debug efficient run-time systems
- Profile and optimize existing run-time systems and memory systems
- Integrate low level libraries and external code
- Develop and maintain debugging and profiling tools
- Communicate with content creators to gather requirements and identify needed improvements
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- 5-8 years of software development experience in the game industry.
- Experience developing for Xbox360 or PS3 or Xbox One or PS4 (preferably all)
- 5+ years’ experience with C/C++.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with large-scale console games programming at all stages of the life-cycle, including prototyping, production, and shipping.
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading, cross-platform development
- Experience architecting and debugging large robust systems.
- Experience with profiling tools and optimization techniques.
- Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
- Working knowledge of 3D math
- Familiarity with UE4 engine a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure and hit deadlines.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
- Strong code architecture and design skills.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators in an open, team environment
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS