Advanced Product Designer - HBO MaxLocation New York, New York, United States
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177582BR Apply Now
As an Advanced Product Designer, you focus on creating compelling digital experiences that not only meet business & marketing needs but also push the product into innovative territory above and beyond the competition. You are motivated to create engaging and elegant digital entertainment experiences and have the expertise in platforms such as smartphones, tablets, game consoles, and web as well as a thoughtful approach to features and user-centric design philosophies. As the Advanced Product Designer, you will be lead of strategic complex projects, execute and iterate on interactions, visual design patterns, and animations for our new digital ecosystem. You are an innovator in solutions that will bring products and the brand forward to our competitive marketplace.
- Lead on strategic complex projects.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team (design, engineering, and research) to drive progress, uphold standards and advocate for exceptional customer experiences.
- Partner with product leadership to help support, execute and iterate on interactions, visual design patterns, and animations for our new digital ecosystem.
- Collaborate on strategic design initiatives that uphold the highest standards of design and collaboration.
- Innovate and prototype solutions that bring the product and brand forward in the marketplace.
- Seek user and business validation for your proposed solutions and be receptive to input and pivots as you develop new experiences.
- Drive and execute typical design documents such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, visual designs, and redlines.
- Take a hands-on approach to implementation and collaboration with software development from early ideation through final launched product.
- A minimum of 5-6 years of designing digital products and services and/or interactive.
- 2-3 years as a lead on high profile or complex initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a closely related field.
- A portfolio demonstrating user-centered design thinking, process and execution across multiple experience platforms (e.g. mobile app, connected TV, web, etc.).
- Robust understanding of UX design principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of modern product design best practices, such as agile development and lean UX.
- Experience that shows being a strong problem-solver, storyteller and design facilitator.
- Strong systems thinker, with the ability to connect individual features to the all-up product experience.
- Expertise in modern UX design tools, including Sketch, Photoshop, Figma, etc.
- Proficiency in core design skills, including composition, typography, and color theory.
- The effective visual communicator in all types of design artifacts, from feature documentation to visual specs.
- Passion for staying abreast of the latest interaction design trends.
- Strong collaboration skills working with cross-functional stakeholders and team members such as product managers, researchers, engineers, writers, and other designers.
- Strong listening, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas clearly.
- Not hesitant to escalate issues where necessary to upper management.
- An energetic, positive and roll up your sleeve's collaborator is a must.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A love of television and social media, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends.
- The ability to synthesize a lot of information to distill root causes and make informed decisions to mitigate risk.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS