Associate Producer, Development - CNN Audio Original SeriesLocation New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 181939BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
CNN Audio – We are your ears to the ground.
CNN Audio is creating even more ways to connect with and engage directly with our listeners. Our content takes a facts-first, immersive and authentic approach. Whether it’s diving further into the biggest issues that affect the globe with some of our most celebrated anchors and reporters or looking back at a moment in history with added context, CNN Audio keeps you in the know. Our team is comprised of the best, and most passionate storytellers who cover topics across health and COVID, politics, breaking news, culture, race and equality, international affairs and more.
CNN Audio creates and distributes all audio content, including original podcasts, news briefings and showcasts for CNN Worldwide.
The Associate Producer of Development, Original Series will help manage the pitch process for internal and external series, as well as assist with the development and piloting of all CNN internal original series. S/he might assistant in the production of podcast created by internal teams.
- Handle and track all pitches.
- Work closely with producer and senior producer on episode outlines.
- Research industry trends and the competitive audio landscape.
- Listen to all cuts of external episodes and provide detailed feedback for revisions.
- Assist producer with all internal pilots, both paper and audio cuts for listener feedback.
- Prepare promotional decks for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate all artwork and artwork assets for external productions.
- Create and upload social media posts and monitor content.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
You must have prior audio experience, a passion for building something from the ground up, and deep understanding of the audio industry.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of editorial experience in an audio-first news environment.
- Great writing skills and attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of podcasting and digital audio industry.
- Strong communication skills communication, excellent teamwork and team-building skills
- Experience in marketing/social media a plus.
- Experience with operating audio hardware and software, including ProTools.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- Passion for politics, history, and popular culture.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS