Associate Producer - Morning Programming, CNNLocation New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 181639BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia seeks a Associate Producer for the New Day department. The Associate Producer for New Day works closely with show producers on several fronts. APs track, edit and publish taped elements for five hours of morning news programming. They are responsible for gathering material for segments, cut video elements and sound bites using the desktop edit system, Adobe Premiere. APs are also responsible for executing elements for live reporters during the broadcast in the control room and turning them quickly breaking news coverage . APs must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly. APs are also called on to code and create banners, and all of this work is done under extremely tight deadlines. The APs work closely in the control room with writers, line producers and senior producers on choosing or producing sound bites, tease videos and VOs for live reads.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production. Newsroom & live control room experience preferred.
- Must have experience with desktop editing on Adobe Premiere
- Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful.
- Graphics production experience including experience with the "Viz Pilot" graphics device helpful.
- Must demonstrate strong research skills.
- Experience in live control room is a plus.
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and working well in high-pressure situations including breaking news.
- Must be digital savvy, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS