Associate Producer, Quest Means BusinessLocation New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 180888BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Quest Means Business, the flagship business program on CNN International, seeks an Associate Producer.
You’ve done the internships, learned the basics, and grasped the technology you need to do the job – now this position is where you can start cutting your teeth on a top business program, and be part of a high performing team. Candidates for Associate Producer on Quest Means Business should be highly enthusiastic and willing to work on several fronts to build an intelligent, relevant and highly creative news program. Whether it’s through researching stories, cutting video elements, helping to create graphics, or simply offering something different, you will help produce the kinds of signature segments the program is known for.
- You will be trained to write segments in the program and/or short news pieces under tight deadlines and will identify and publish the best material from the daily show to go online or be promoted across the network. For the right candidate, this is the break you’ve been seeking in television news.
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field- Internship or junior-level position in network television or major-market news production.
- Newsroom & live control room experience preferred
- Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful
- Must be highly creative with a strong interest in Business News
- Must demonstrate good research skills
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news
- Must be computer literate, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video workflows
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS