Backend Engineer - Authentication - HBO MaxLocation New York, New York | Seattle, Washington
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179191BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
WarnerMedia’s streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max launched in May 2020 and is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries. Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
Like to develop features that millions of customers depend upon? The Commerce group is a friendly, energetic engineering team responsible for the money side of the HBO Max streaming service. We're full stack, working from the frontend to onboard new customers and serve existing subscribers, to the backend developing sophisticated commerce systems and integrating with external payment services. We're cross-location, and have learned to work effectively through collaboration tools. We're looking for engineers that have an interest in the commerce space and a passion for creating great software.
As a software engineer on WarnerMedia's Authentication team, you will design and build solutions for e-commerce. You will own and improve features including creating subscriptions via web and mobile apps, experimentation, billing and invoicing, integrating with external payment gateways, and providing financial reporting tools for internal stakeholders. By joining our team, you'll have a rare opportunity to make some of the world’s best content accessible to millions of customers, securely and seamlessly.
In this role, you will:
- Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your skillset.
- Get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side.
- Learn to evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus with your engineering peers.
- Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience.
- Grow your ability to design, implement, and own critical features of a product used by millions of customers.
- Have experienced engineers close by to mentor you.
- Be one of the first developers to work with new features from a variety of e-commerce platforms and technology partners.
- Work with designers, product managers, and marketers to optimize the purchase experience.
- Have a solid understanding of common software data structures and algorithms.
- Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve their problems.
- Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write.
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships.
- Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science-related discipline or 2+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms.
- Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology.
- DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed.
- Success in designing and building exciting, highly polished, and dynamic user experiences.
- Hands-on experience with web, mobile, game console, set-top box and/or TV client application development.
- Success in designing and building highly available systems at scale.
- Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies, especially Kubernetes and AWS.
- Experience with e-commerce development, financial systems, and payment gateways like Stripe.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS