Community ManagerLocation New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 180681BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Turner Services Inc. seeks a Community Manager for the NewsCo department.
CNN is the world’s most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we’re embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation news and information experiences online.
You’ll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building the trusted new digital products, platforms, and formats that put CNN’s talent, expertise, and content programming—and the directions it goes next—directly in the hands of consumers. The Internet is changing the news and information landscape, and we have an ambitious product roadmap grounded in journalism and facts. We have a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community. We’re looking for someone intimately familiar with emerging platforms to serve as a Community Moderator for a new interactive news product.
The Community Moderator will be expected to moderate audience submissions before, during, and after live programming, as well as for an ongoing forum. They will collaborate with product, design, editorial and research to develop new community strategies and features. They will also work closely with our video production team to make sure each live event goes off without a hitch.
Experience working in journalism or on interactive content projects is preferred. Experience running online communities is welcome, but we expect to train the Community Moderator in the basics and advanced applications of online community management.
CNN is committed to pushing our industry to become more diverse and inclusive and to address issues of fairness and bias in all that it builds. We welcome people from all backgrounds and are especially interested in non-traditional candidates.
• Moderate an online forum featuring a passionate CNN audience
• Moderate and edit questions from our audience to guests
• Work closely with an online producer and host during live programming
• Reportorial Research: Talk to our audience and help them find the information they seek
• Community Management: Let's teach people how to have positive experiences with our product, and with one another
• Work with research to study emerging trends
• Experience in interactive content or Journalism preferred
• Demonstrable experience crafting enigmatic projects into well-organized, completed work products is a plus
• Experience that will give you a leg up in this process
• Community management, content ethics, creative analysis and criticism
• A sparkling catalog of varied journalistic or research work products is a plus
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS