Director, Business Development & Strategic PartnershipsLocation New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 180693BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Turner Services seeks a Director of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships for the Business Operations, Bleacher Report department.
The Business Development & Strategic Partnerships team is focused on supporting all facets of the Turner Sports and B/R business with proactive strategic business development. This includes driving meaningful contributions to top-line revenue targets, exploring new lines of business, assisting in commercial and audience growth for strategic priorities (e.g. eComm) and B/R Portfolio brands (e.g. HoH), generating best-in-class partnerships, taking a leadership position in driving optimal collaboration within AT&T WarnerMedia, managing all aspects of recently completed sports betting partnerships and conducting due diligence and leading negotiations on rights acquisitions.
The Director of Business Development & Strategic Partnership will be responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple strategic priorities, with a primary focus on sports betting partnerships. This person will lead all day-to-day partner management with multiple industry leading sports betting partners, ensure diligent compliance to deal points, support legal activities on a state-by-state legalization basis, build & monitor partner specific content, programming and product integration roadmaps, assist in the building of campaign specific media plans in support of tent-pole sports betting activations, direct various internal teams (e.g., content, product, revenue, legal, analytics, etc.) to ensure execution and timely delivery of key betting partner project deliverables, ideate & develop strategic improvements to betting partnerships to help drive year over year revenue growth for both TS/BR and betting partners and lead partner management and external communications with betting industry market leaders.
The Director will also be responsible for contributing to other macro team goals, including platform distribution strategies, executing multiple BD deals (e.g., highlight rights, vendor deals, etc.) building business plans for emerging businesses ( e.g eComm) and managing a junior level employee.
- Manage all day-to-day responsibilities with Turner Sports / BR’s sports betting deals to over-deliver on the multi-faceted partnership elements including (but not limited to):
- Ensuring diligent compliance to all deal points
- Supporting legal activities on state-by-state legalization basis
- Building / monitoring partner specific content, programming and product integration roadmaps
- Assisting in the building of campaign specific media plans in support of tent-pole sports betting activations
- Directing various internal teams (e.g., content, product, revenue, legal, analytics, etc.) to ensure execution and timely delivery of key betting partner project deliverables
- Ideating and develop strategic improvements to betting partnerships to help drive year over year revenue growth for both TS/BR and betting partners
- Leading partner management and external communications with betting industry market leaders
- Lead negotiations with new and existing vendors deemed necessary to continue TS and BR operations
- Manage business relationships with key strategic league, vendor, platform and eComm partners, conducting regular business reviews with all top partners
- Support management of relationships with key social platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) to help drive incremental revenue to the business
- Execute against and support pursuit of diversified revenue initiatives for TS & B/R (e.g., eCommerce, content licensing, affiliate)
- Maintain a close eye on the performance of the business by ensuring core KPIs are met and understand the drivers behind it
- 10+ years of experience in the media and/or sports industry in a business development and/or partnership management facing role. Preferred meaningful experience in the sports betting space
- BA/BS degree required; MBA or equivalent degree preferred
- Proven track record of negotiating, structuring, and closing complex partnership deals
- Exceptional leadership and management skills, able to successfully manage and problem-solve in a group of stakeholders with different priorities
- An entrepreneurial mindset - strong desire to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to interact with and present clear messaging to senior level executives
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Emotional intelligence, low ego drive and a commitment to teamwork
- Relentless focus and prioritization tied to goals above and applicable tactics
- Proactive and engaging, with a positive approach towards problem-solving
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS