Editorial Producer (Guest Booking) - CNN TonightLocation New York, New York, United States
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177960BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Editorial Producer is responsible for booking guests, making pitches, and handling newsmaker requests for CNN Tonight.
- The ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders is critical to this position.
- This individual is the show's booking representative and is responsible for constantly upgrading the quantity and quality of bookings for live daily interviews in addition to special projects.
- The editorial producer is also responsible for researching and pitching unique new guests and ideas on a daily basis.
- We are looking for someone who can help us differentiate our show from other programs on CNN in primetime.
- This person must also be able to react quickly in breaking news situations and line up officials, lawmakers, outside reporters and principals in a situation where the news happens while we are live as well as when news breaks during the day.
- The editorial producer should also have a strong grasp on using social media to find people involved in breaking news situations in remote areas.
- This person must also be able to develop and cultivate and maintain new guest relationships on behalf of the program and the network.
- The Editorial Producer conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews and b-roll shoots, researches and pitches provocative stories, and works contacts for long term booking opportunities.
- They will perform other related duties as assigned.
- This position requires travel for breaking news bookings and being in the control room during the show from 10p-12a.
- A qualified candidate for this position must have 3+ years as a booking producer or equivalent production experience.
- Strong people skills are essential to be successful in this role.
- Research skills are essential to this position.
- Proven performance and an established rolodex in booking high profile news guests are necessary.
- This candidate must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong.
- Knowledge of current events, key players and issues in global affairs a must.
- Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent relevant experience, required.
- Second language a plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS