Executive Producer, Development - CNN Audio Original SeriesLocation New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 181923BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia seeks an Executive Producer for the CNN Audio department. The Executive Producer of Development, Original Series will work in tandem with the Executive Producer of current Programming to ensure the active growth of a diverse slate that reflects the larger editorial priorities of the group. This critical leadership role is responsible for identifying and nurturing high-quality podcast opportunities that are informative, engaging, and monetizable. In addition to the cultivation of strong external relationships, the position is responsible for maintaining strong partnerships across the global organization including CNN Talent, Sales, Product Audience Development & Research, Marketing, Operations, and CNN Digital.
- Oversee a team of producers creating content both internally and externally.
- Drive the creative conception and development of internal original series through the greenlight stage.
- Coordinate production, post-production, and program distribution for external series and acquisitions.
- Develop briefs and proposals for CNN podcasts that will be produced externally and coordinate with business development and legal team on agreements/contracts.
- Manage talent and a team of creators that report and produce high quality podcasts and audio that are consistent with the content, quality, and journalistic and legal standards of CNN.
- Build schedule, workflow, and budgeting for projects for external productions. Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality and on-budget work.
- Leverage data/analytics/user testing to inform decisions and help build a larger direct to consumer strategy.
- Recruit, cultivate, and develop podcast talent – in front of and behind the mic.
- Build and manage relationships with prospective talent, partners, and outside production companies.
- Work with the sales team to build and deliver content and strategies to maximize monetization and business growth.
- Coordinate with original series team, marketing, PR, social, and programming teams in creation of content and strategies to maximize audience and engagement. Examples include - key art, social media content, promos, trailers, rollout details for CNN TV and digital.
- Develop relationships throughout CNN and WarnerMedia with other stakeholders and divisions.
- Drive people efforts as it relates to talent acquisition, performance management, development, and high performing culture.
- Be agile and adaptable in a rapidly changing environment.
- You must have a proven track record of developing successful audio content, building go-to-market distribution strategies, launching new initiatives, leading, and mentoring teams, and working and collaborating with sales teams.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proven track record of developing successful audio content.
- Experience working at a production company producing content for external clients.
- 10+ years of editorial experience with 3 or more years in a leadership role in podcast/audio network.
- Extensive knowledge of podcasting and digital audio industry and strong editorial judgement.
- Superior writing, storytelling, editing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of news, politics, and culture and the understanding of the podcasting landscape and audience required.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and inspiring teams in a fast-paced audio environment.
- Ability to collaborate with an aptitude for thriving under pressure with diverse staff, talent and on-air personalities.
- Thorough understanding of how to operate audio hardware and software, including ProTools.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS