Financial Analyst ILocation New York, New York, United States
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177957BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia has some of the most recognizable brands that continue to drive the social fabric of our world. From cutting-edge breaking news stories on CNN, up-to-the-minute sports coverage on Turner Sports & Bleacher Report, the characters we grew up loving on Cartoon Network to the shows we love today on TBS, TNT, and truTV. WarnerMedia continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. Including our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros that complete the WarnerMedia family, we tell the stories the world wants to hear.
Financial Analyst I
- Effectively prepare, analyze and maintain quarterly commissions expense for multiple sales divisions.
- Assimilate, analyze and maintain records of sales and commissions data through various sources.
- Periodic revisions to Account Executive's budgets
- Account Transfer Coordination/reporting/tracking.
- Coordinate and lead position management process with human resources and accounting.
- Act as liaison between finance and sales to work on resolution of Account Executive's inquiries related to commission payments.
- Evaluate commission guidelines periodically and suggest improvement measures.
- Year-end reporting, including annual payout opportunities calculations.
- Ensure changes in organizational structure are accurately reflected in all systems and reporting.
- Prepare and present monthly pacing reports to the division leads.
- Perform monthly Distribution personnel forecast and annual budget.
- Prepare VP+ incentive calculations for Ad Sales and Distribution units.
- Prepare and analyze contract employee tracking.
- Actively participate in ad hoc and special requests to assist senior leadership with business decisions.
- Enthusiastic team player who actively participates in team activities and discussions.
- Strong interpersonal skills when dealing with both internal team members and other groups.
- Desire for ownership and takes pride in own work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas both verbal and written.
- Ability to execute with a sense of urgency and initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and be responsive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Flexible with the ability and willingness to adapt to change.
- Detail oriented with acute attention to detail and desire for accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Client service.
- Experience with commissions calculations and reporting is a plus.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications. Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Essbase or similar systems experience.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS