Manager, Finance, HBO Max Direct-to-ConsumerLocation New York, New York, United States
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177653BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
This role will provide the candidate with the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the HBO Max Direct-to-Consumer (“DTC”) business, including subscriber performance and acquisition marketing spend. The position reports to the Director, HBO Max DTC Finance. The Senior Financial Analyst will be a key contributor in the HBO Max FP&A process – owning the forecast, budget and long-range plans for Direct-to-Consumer subscriber revenue and collaborating across finance on routine and ad-hoc deliverables. Primary attributes of this role include analyzing key drivers behind subscriber performance (e.g. FTAs, conversion, churn) and reporting on financial results.
- Build and maintain advanced financial models in excel to project HBO Max DTC subscribers, revenue and associated expenses (marketing, transaction fees, etc.)
- Monitor and report on KPIs critical to HBO Max DTC projections and financials, including: free trial acquisitions (FTAs), free-to-paid conversion, subscriber churn/retention, subscriber reconnects, acquisition/retention marketing spend, and subscriber acquisition cost (SAC)
- Collaborate with Direct-to-Consumer Operating, Marketing and Finance Strategy teams to determine KPI assumptions and identify opportunities/risks affecting forecast and budget
- Prepare the forecast, budget and long-range plan for the HBO Max DTC subscription business, including subscriber revenue and acquisition/retention marketing spend
- Prepare forecast packages (P&L and Cash Flow) and perform variance analysis of financial results vs budget and prior forecast
- Contribute to preparation of ad-hoc schedules and routine presentation decks for senior management, highlighting subscriber revenue and marketing expense assumptions and building a narrative to communicate results
- Proactively identify and implement internal process improvements to optimize efficiencies, improve the quality of analysis, and develop new reports for senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an FP&A role
- Advanced Excel skills are essential; specifically, experience building/maintaining models that incorporate multiple assumptions and drivers (e.g. subscriber volume, free to pay conversion, retention, and economics)
- Attention to detail is critical as deliverables will often be presented to senior management where accuracy is essential; PowerPoint proficiency a plus
- Strong presentation skills as the candidate will be required to communicate complex information in a simplified manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with employees of all levels
- Must be eager to learn in a fast-paced environment and not be afraid to ask probing questions
- Experience with full life cycle of budget / long-term planning process
- Preparing management presentations and prior media industry experience a plus
- CPA or MBA a plus
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS