Producer, Development - CNN Audio Original SeriesLocation New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 181932BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Producer of Development, Original Series serves as a liaison for external companies/producers, managing proposals, briefs, and pitches for the team, as well as ensuring all content meets CNN standards. The Producer will also help develop and pilot future internal series, working in close collaboration with the team’s design strategist. S/he might assistant in the production of podcast created by internal teams.
- Help manage production, post-production, and program distribution for external series and acquisitions, ensuring all projects meet CNN editorial and audio production standards.
- Ensure projects are on schedule via production calendar.
- Listen to all cuts of external episodes and provide detailed feedback for revisions.
- Produce internal pilots, both paper and audio cuts for listener feedback.
- Coordinate with original series team to ensure smooth handoff between development and production.
- Prepare promotional decks for internal and external stakeholders.
- Create social media messaging along with marketing team for external projects.
What you'll need to be successful
- You must have a strong understanding of the audio landscape and previous experience producing successful podcast series.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of editorial experience in an audio-first news environment.
- Extensive knowledge of podcasting and digital audio industry.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
- Ability to collaborate with an aptitude for thriving under pressure with diverse staff, talent and other on-air personalities.
- Strong understanding of how to operate audio hardware and software, including ProTools.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS