Production Assistant - CNN TonightLocation New York, New York, United States
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177384BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Production Assistant for CNN Tonight works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments and packages within CNN systems and elsewhere.
- The Production Assistant cuts soundbites and VOs, helps producers gather elements for in-house packages, and orders and creates graphics.
- Each PA is responsible for calling elements in the control room, running prompter and for pitching both package and guest ideas.
- They help producers with research for guest segments, and must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly.
- The Production Assistant must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines.
- The PA will also work closely in the control room with the direction of writers, line producer and senior producers on best sound bites and VOs for live reads and teases.
- Must be able to regularly work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- One-year experience in the news business with some control room experience as well as work in video and graphics.
- Television/Broadcasting background is preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Able to juggle many tasks at once.
- Experience in editing a plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS