Senior Producer, Development - CNN Audio Original SeriesLocation New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 181924BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Producer for the CNN Audio department. The Senior Producer of Development, Original Series will help oversee all external productions, acquisitions, and long-term planning for future series. In addition to building external relationships, the Senior Producer will grow editorial partnerships within the CNN and WarnerMedia family.
- Oversee development of individual series, serving as point person for external companies.
- Manage production, post-production, and program distribution for external series and acquisitions, ensuring all projects meet CNN editorial and audio production standards.
- Partner with design strategist on design sprints for piloting of new series.
- Maintain schedule, workflow, and budgeting for projects for external productions while meeting aggressive deadlines with high quality and on-budget work.
- Recruit, cultivate, and develop podcast talent – in front of and behind the mic.
- Identify future projects that can be produced in-house, developing them through greenlight stage
- Partner with original series team, marketing, PR, social, and programming teams in creation of content and strategies to maximize audience and engagement.
- Develop relationships throughout CNN and WarnerMedia with key stakeholders and divisions.
- You should be able to ideate the next great big audio series, with a proven track record of developing successful audio content. Strong editorial judgement, superior storytelling skills, a knowledge of news, politics, and culture and the understanding of the podcasting landscape and audience is required.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proven track record of developing successful audio content.
- 8+ years of editorial experience with proven track record managing a team.
- Extensive knowledge of podcasting and digital audio industry.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills.
- Ability to collaborate, be agile and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thorough understanding of how to operate audio hardware and software, including ProTools.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS