Temporary EditorLocation New York, New York
Position Type: TemporaryJob ID 179640BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
A Temporary Video Editor is needed for daily Facebook Watch show, Go There. "Go There" is a single topic daily news show built for the next generation of news junkies. The show airs on the Facebook Watch platform and feature CNN's talent from around the globe. The program is an innovation lab of sorts, allowing our producers and reporters to experiment with different styles, formats, and tools to engage the audience - all with mobile viewership in mind.
- Editor will work closely with a Producer and Senior Producer in a pressure-driven environment on Go There episodes as assigned
- Editor will collaborate with Producer to create a compelling, immersive 7-10 minute episode
- Editor will work with Graphic templates (MOGRTs) within Premiere
- Editor will prepare deliverables, reformatting episode for other platforms when requested
- Editor will need to screen footage quickly and efficiently, and select pivotal scenes with an eye for moving story along
- Editor should be comfortable working in square 1080x1080 format
- Editor should be open to feedback, and be able to address notes from several members of the team
- Editor should be flexible and able to pivot to other projects where needed
- 6+ years Editing experience
- Adobe Premiere Pro proficiency a must-Adobe Photoshop, After Effects knowledge a plus
- Editing in a fast-paced news environment essential
- Outstanding news judgement
- Ability to collaborate with the Go There team
- Experience editing for social platforms a plus
- Ability to work remotely, seamlessly download assets, and upload final video to necessary portals
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS