Temporary General Assignment EditorLocation New York, New York
Position Type: TemporaryJob ID 178637BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
CNN Business is hiring a temporary General Assignment Editor. We’re looking for an enterprising, engaged and organized editor who loves making good reporters better.
- The ideal candidate will get energized by stories about technology, media, consumer, transportation, markets and disruption in business.
- The candidate should be able to quickly assign and edit breaking news stories and help reporters uncover key trends for sharp analysis stories.
- They should feel equally passionate about breaking news and about enterprise and long-form stories.
- The candidate should be skeptical, but not cynical -- genuinely excited by the changes and disruptions occurring in industry, but also ready to take a critical look at them.
- A deep knowledge of the industry and experience covering it is a plus.
- At least 4 years of writing or editing experience
- 2 years of management experience, or a strong sense of how editors should manage
- A passion for journalism and great writing and an unwavering dedication to accuracy
- Great organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS