Virtual CNN Ad Sales Research, Digital - Summer 2021Location New York, New York
Position Type: InternJob ID 180528BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
CNN seeks a talented and ambitious collegiate intern to be part of the CNN Ad Sales Research team. This role supports Sales and Marketing in communicating the value of CNN to the digital advertising marketplace. This intern will learn from the CNN Ad Sales Research team in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is a storyteller who is comfortable with different kinds of data. The ideal intern should have an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Develop a deep understanding of CNN’s digital platforms and advertising offerings
- Learn about market and advertising research, including key tools like comScore, YouGov and social tools
- Identify key industry trends and research for insights that contribute to the CNN story
- Utilize different types of data to identify key performance trends and audience insights
- Assist in the positioning of Sales deliverables, including RFP requests, client presentations, Marketing support, and CNN-positioning decks
- Undergraduate or graduate student who is majoring in Statistics, Business, Marketing or some related field
- Strong problem-solving skills, organized, and astute attention to detail
- An insightful mind that can find the narrative in disparate sets of data
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective relationships with managers, sales clients, and internal team members
- Results-driven and highly self-motivated
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work on several time-sensitive deliverables
- Comfort Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Passion for news and current events
- Some knowledge of the digital and/or television ecosystems a plus
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
The Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th through August 13th. The internship will be a full remote/virtual experience. Most internships will provide a company owned laptop for the duration of the internship program. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on bureau location and relocation is not provided as the program is fully remote/virtual. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in college. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Please note that CNN Summer 2021 intern postings may be taken down as soon as we receive an extensive pool of applicants per role. Please submit your application as soon as possible.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS