Virtual CNN International, Quest Means Business Intern - Summer 2021Location New York, New York
Position Type: InternJob ID 180573BR Apply Now
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
CNN International is the largest international news network. The CNN International unit in New York is primarily responsible for covering Global Business News through the output of three programs including First Move with Julia Chatterley, The Express with Richard Quest, and Quest Means Business, presented by Richard Quest.
CNN international interns will get an opportunity to view the inner workings of one of the leading news network in the world. CNN International offers an opportunity to experience, learn, and be exposed to its programming and newsgathering cycle. This role will require an interest in Business news and broadcast journalism plus knowledge of social media.
- Interns will gain experience in the production of a program and see how show ideas are developed, how videotape is gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the program is built from an editorial and production perspective.
- The intern will also book, research and greet show guests and contribute in future meetings.
- Interns will also learn how to use CNN's tape database to locate tapes for packages and sound bites for air.
- Interns will help share the content across multiple platforms including social media.
- This internship will offer a great opportunity to strengthen your research and communication skills.
- Intern schedules vary and may include weekend work.
- Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
The Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th through August 13th. The internship will be a full remote/virtual experience. Most internships will provide a company owned laptop for the duration of the internship program. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on bureau location and relocation is not provided as the program is fully remote/virtual. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in college. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Please note that CNN Summer 2021 intern postings may be taken down as soon as we receive an extensive pool of applicants per role. Please submit your application as soon as possible.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS