VP, Digital ProductionsLocation New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179150BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN's Digital Productions is a team of passionate journalists and storytellers obsessed with understanding our audiences and making content they want to watch and listen to. We are looking for an experienced Vice President to drive content development strategy with the user in mind.
The VP of Digital Productions will be responsible for the strategic vision and leading the team as they develop high quality and creative content that informs, engages, and empowers our audience. This key leadership role requires an experienced content creator that can marry news and creative storytelling with a thorough understanding of audience behaviors and needs. The VP must have experience building community and the ability to finetune strategy based on user feedback. The ideal candidate has deep news and digital/social experience, and the proven ability to navigate and lead a team through the changing media landscape. The position requires a proven leader and manager who is agile and can communicate clearly and effectively. Success will require this position to build strong partnerships across the global organization.
- Set the strategy direction and lead content development for the editorial teams.
- Lead team to create compelling content around topical news and key issues of the moment.
- Leverage audience data and insight to provide informed rationale for content strategies and products.
- Develop and deliver work at scale without sacrificing quality
- Establish and expand the voice of new content
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders to develop, execute and deliver on big ideas and priorities
- Drive the people agenda to build a team and culture in line with the organization's values.
- 12+ years in a deadline-driven, high-profile news environment.
- 5+ year of leadership with a proven track record building, managing and coaching teams.
- Proven ability to develop and produce video over mobile and/or television platforms.
- A creative portfolio of proven work with an ability to generate and develop new ideas
- Expertise creating diverse video formats, from live programming to storytelling.
- Passion for breaking news.
- Outstanding editorial judgment and creative abilities
- Ability to think outside the box, innovate, and lead the team through testing and learning
- Superior leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in a fast pace, 24/7 news environment
- Track record of success in experimental environments that are subject to change
- Strong operational and business acumen
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS