Series Specialist, HBO MAX, EMEALocation Prague, Hlavní město Praha | Stockholm, Stockholm
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 182023BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favourites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party acquisitions and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries. HBO Max launches in September 2020.
Following the successful launch of HBO Max in the US, WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to EMEA.
Reporting to the Director, Editorial and Curation (HBO Max - EMEA), the Series Specialist will be the main point of contact in regard of the series titles available on the MAX platform across Europe. Working closely with the Editorial strategists, Image Team, Data Insight Team to create and maintain the editorial strategy, making sure that the series titles are presented and communicated in relevant way in alignment with the overall editorial strategy.
- Responsible for a more granular editorial and curation of series titles available on the MAX platform.
- Screen the series titles to understand their value and potential on the MAX platform.
- Follow series trends on MAX platform as well as on the competing streaming services.
- Create lists of similar contents and editorial collections presented on the platform.
- Create the collections for the series dedicated pages and subpages of the MAX platform based on theme, genre, target group, etc.
- Work closely with all editorial specialists to create and localize curation strategy each month for the region.
- Prepare monthly performance reports and provide insights into user behaviour in region in regard of series on MAX platform.
- Prepare monthly Series curation strategy documents to be shared with Marketing, Social Media, Product, Publishing and other relevant teams to maintain flow of information and a unified editorial vision across company.
- Partner closely with Content Experience Strategy, Scheduling and Publishing teams to ensure timely and accurate delivery of series strategy and execution across all devices and regions and ensuring that schedules for pages are delivered on time and to specification for Publishing
- Attentive to industry news and possess ability to quickly pivot strategy as needed.
- Close cooperation with Creative and In-platform communication teams to ensure campaigns and themes are successfully displayed.
- Close cooperation with the Content Planning and Strategy team to ensure appropriate visibility into upcoming content launches and departures.
- Close cooperation with the Data Insights and Planning and Research teams, identify critical insights and POV into Content and in-platform communication performance, consumer behaviour and competitor analysis across region. Based on data (series performance, cross-consumption) together with editorial insight the series presentation strategy is created and updated.
- Proven experience within communications, media or related field
- Analytical mindset that can create valuable insights from user behaviour data to inform curation decisions.
- Process oriented individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously to under a broader editorial strategy.
- Strong understanding of content in the European context. Familiarity with regional and local content and preferences. Ability to make solid editorial and curatorial decisions based on understanding of our customers, and the unique characteristics of our MAX content.
- Strong understanding of the EMEA market, SVOD, and direct to consumer.
- A love of television, movies and social media, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends.
- Detail oriented. Passionate about getting Ts crossed and Is dotted. Must have a strong sense of ownership of the choices put in front of our customers.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation skills and proven ability to work across regions and varying time zones.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams’ needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
- Understanding and awareness of key trends and issues in the major media markets in EMEA.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS