Communications Assistant, Direct-to-ConsumerLocation Santa Monica, California
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 181982BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
WarnerMedia seeks a Communications Assistant to support the HBO Max/DTC Comms team. Reporting to the Communications Lead, DTC, the Communications Assistant, DTC, will play a pivotal role in promoting HBO Max to both the industry and consumer press, serving as the connective string tying all of the team’s efforts together.
- Coverage Reporting & Research:
- track coverage of the team’s PR initiatives
- create coverage reports and campaign summary decks
- conduct research on reporters, publications, and industry trends
- Database Maintenance:
- manage and update team documents on departmental dashboard
- manage and update media lists
- maintain database of industry festival and conference opportunities
- track executive opportunities and engagements
- Administrative Duties:
- manage calendar, expenses, travel, etc. for Communications Lead
- manage Team PTO calendar
- serve as owner of team meeting invites & agendas
- collect and communicate team updates to key internal stakeholders
- Superior knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, GSuite, Presentation/Slideshow applications
- Highly detail oriented, organized, efficient, flexible, ability to multi-task
- Has a good visual eye and ability to create neat, organized decks and campaign summaries
- Ability to keep track of detailed information about the team’s ongoing efforts
- Works well under pressure
- Self-starter, independent worker, but also a team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field strongly preferred.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS