Lead UX Researcher - HBO MaxLocation Seattle, Washington
Business: HBO Max
Position Type:Job ID 179681BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Lead UX Researchers are a key member of cross-functional and cross-organizational teams that set strategic direction for HBO Max, while informing our design process with high impact user research. As a Lead UX Researcher, you will work with cross-functional team leads to identify research needs to support the overall product roadmap and key feature initiatives from concept to launch. Depending on the scope and complexity of research, you may plan and execute studies as a sole researcher or you may lead and coach a small team to perform the work. As Lead, you are responsible for the scoping and delivery of highly informative, robust, and ethical research processes and results. The role continues as you collaborate with the team to discuss and address findings in product planning and design. As a member of the UX Researcher team, you will help grow the team's expertise, explore new ways to discover user insights, and evangelize best practices.
Create multi-phased research plans to support product roadmaps. Initiate and oversee the execution of each research effort. Work with a cross-functional team to prioritize areas of focus for research. Recommend research which meets business objectives and considers overall roadmap priorities and resources. Collaborate closely with product team leads to benchmark progress against strategic goals and KPI’s. Plan and conduct research within an Agile framework including, project scoping, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, recruiting, legal logistics, technical logistics, study moderation, data analysis, reporting, and team communication. Communicate regularly with working team, stakeholders, and HBO partner teams. Manage, supervise, and support junior to senior UX Researchers. Vet, hire, and manage outside vendors as needed to support the work. Ensure high-quality data and robust data analysis. Consult on human factors, UCD best practices, and recommend research activities. Help grow the UXR team's expertise, explore new ways to discover user insights, acquire new tools and resources for the lab, and evangelize best practices.
- 5+ of practical work experience as a Lead or Senior UX
- 1+ or more years of UX team management experience.
- Graduate degree in Engineering Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology,
- Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a closely related field.
- Project scoping, budgeting, scheduling and resource management of multiple simultaneous user research efforts.
- Expert in experimental design for qualitative research, user-centered design methodology, data analysis, and reporting and communicating results.
- Strong client-management skills; ability to adapt to a variety of individual styles and approaches in order to deliver the appropriate insights and support each requires
- Expert in study session moderation/facilitation for in-depth-interviews, cognitive walkthroughs, usability studies, and contextual inquiry.
- Strong command of a broad set of qualitative and quantitative user research methods with the ability to discern and recommend the right method(s) for a project.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement Agile UX research practices.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS