Senior Product Designer, Data Driven Experiences - HBO MaxLocation Seattle, Washington
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179572BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
As a Senior Product Designer focusing on Data-Driven Experiences, you will be involved in every aspect of the product design process, from initial brainstorm sessions to final delivery with engineering. You will utilize a full range of product design, interaction design, systems design and visual design skills, and your work will impact much of the final product experience. You will work closely with a talented cross-functional team of designers, product managers, engineers, researchers and writers. You will be pivotal in defining how we approach defining a personalized experience within the product design team, as well as contributing to core features throughout the product.
- Identify creative, user-centered ways to provide customers with an individualized experience that speaks to their taste and connects them to the content they’ll love.
- Deliver appropriate design artifacts spanning all project phases, from concept development and design to production and documentation (e.g., evaluations, task flows, user scenarios, information architecture, interaction models, wireframes, low- and high-fidelity prototypes, specs and guidelines).
- Develop, present, and advocate for your work.
- Collaborate with product managers, researchers, writers and engineers, as well as other design team colleagues.
- Use research to inform design and collaborate with team members to understand and interpret stakeholder feedback.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions alongside the product and executive teams.
- Convert ambiguity and opportunity into design solutions.
- Help strike a balance between user goals and business needs to craft win-win experiences for our customers and our business.
- Contribute to creating a fun and supportive culture that allows us to make career-defining user experiences.
- 5+ years’ experience as in a product design role
- Experience leading complex projects within a cross-functional team for at least 1-2 years
- Experience designing for personalized, data-driven experiences, and a desire to materially impact the models driving those experiences.
- BA/BS degree in design, human-computer interaction, or a related field is a bonus but not a requirement
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong visual and interaction design skills, as well as a laser focus on user needs and considerations
- Experience designing cohesive cross-platform experiences including mobile, connected TV, and web
- Proven ability to create detailed, comprehensive and attractive design artifacts, from user flows to wireframes, mockups to interactive prototypes
- A holistic approach to problem solving that results in elegantly simple solutions to complex challenges
- Demonstrable understanding and application of core design skills including composition, typography and color theory
- Evidence of strong design systems thinking that connects individual features to the overall product experience
- Ability to synthesize ideas and feedback from various sources including stakeholders, end users and product design colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong listening, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with current product design best practices including Agile Development and Lean UX
- Expertise with industry-standard design tools such as Figma, Principle, Adobe CC, Confluence, Jira, Airtable, Miro, and others.
- An energetic, positive, self-starter attitude
- A willingness to and desire to mentor more junior design colleagues
- A passion for movies, television and social media, as well as a desire to stay on top of industry trends
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS