Staff Software Engineer, Account & Settings – HBO MaxLocation Seattle, Washington, United States
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 175673BR Apply Now
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries. HBO Max launches in May 2020.
As a Software Engineer on the Account & Profile Experience team (APEX), you will help to build and deliver critical customer-facing features in areas including login, registration, viewer profiles, and account settings. You will learn to design, implement, and own areas of a product used by millions of customers across a multitude of devices and platforms. You will learn to evaluate multiple technical approaches, find consensus with your engineering peers, and solve real world problems to improve the customer experience. You will work alongside experienced engineers who can provide guidance, mentorship, and one-on-one support as you grow your skill set and responsibilities.
- Learn to assess problems, evaluate approaches, and deliver working solutions in a wide variety of client application areas
- Work with your colleagues on the Apex team—including engineering, product, design, and QA—to understand tradeoffs and find consensus in solutions
- Help to design and deliver high quality code for the full range of HBO Max client platforms
- Be a quick learner who can leverage resources and colleagues to solve problems
- Be passionate about engineering and problem solving, with a strong sense of ownership and pride in the code that you write
- Seek to grow as an engineer and have aspirations to earn greater scope and responsibility over time
- Enjoys learning, discovering new and different approaches to coding, and takes feedback well
- Communicate clearly and positively, both verbally and in writing, with depth and confidence when describing your code and the decisions behind it
- Be personable, friendly, and with a can-do attitude
- Familiarity with ReactJS strongly encouraged
- Familiarity with TypeScript and/or Object-Oriented design patterns a plus
- Hands-on experience developing web sites and/or web applications
- Familiarity with the user interfaces and account/profile flows of streaming services (HBO and others)
- Well-rounded educational and career experience, preferably in non-technical areas
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM , as well as HBO On Demand®. and Cinemax On Demand®. in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS