Staff Software Engineer, Identity - HBO MaxLocation Seattle, Washington, United States
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 173741BR Apply Now
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries. HBO Max launches in May 2020.
Like to develop features that connect and impact millions of customers? The Identity team works closely with product and design to present the best customer experiences for securely managing profiles, accounts, devices, and preferences. We are dedicated to continuous improvement and are looking for talented engineers to join the team to optimize the journey from sign-in to streaming. We’re looking for Engineers that have an interest in the space and a passion for creating great software.
As a Software Engineer on WarnerMedia's Identity team, you will design, improve, and protect large-scale systems for customer information. You will build full-stack, industry-leading features across multiple device platforms for kids, families, and friends. You will own and improve features like multiple user profiles, device and account management, and parental controls. By working on our team, you will make some of the world’s best content accessible to millions of customers, safely and seamlessly. In this role you will join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your scope and influence. You will use your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers. You will get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side. As a member of our team you will be at the forefront of engineering solutions for data security and compliance initiatives, like GDPR and CCPA.
- Implement small customer facing features and improve user experience
- Learn to evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus with peers
- Partner with senior engineers to deliver features
- Learn to handle operational issues and troubleshoot bugs independently
- A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems
- Fluency in a modern programming language (ideally Java, Swift, or TypeScript)
- Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve problems
- Seek self-improvement and adapt to suggestions and feedback
- Hold yourself and your team high standards while maintaining respectful relationships
- Ability to provide periodic on-call support for critical emergent customer-facing issues
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science-related discipline or 2+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms
- DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed
- Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
- Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies, especially Kubernetes and AWS
- Experience with security software engineering, especially for distributed applications
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM , as well as HBO On Demand®. and Cinemax On Demand®. in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS