Virtual HBOMax Software Engineer Intern, Summer 2021Location Seattle, Washington
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: InternJob ID 180329BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Build the future of Streaming Media with us! We are the team that architects, codifies, owns and operates the scalable and resilient infrastructure that powers HBO’s flagship streaming products HBO Max and HBO Go. Our products are enjoyed by millions of customers around the world. We are software engineers with a passion for infrastructure, automation, tooling and security. Building reliability, performance and security into our streaming products is our mission. We are evangelists for infrastructure as code, continuous delivery, operational visibility and strongly believe that automation is the key to delivering reliable systems. We are looking for a senior engineer to help us expand our infrastructure as code efforts and to help us scale HBO Max globally!
- Architect, codify and build out the international infrastructure platform for HBO Max, expanding and adapting our existing platform to a global audience
- Champion best practices and uphold a culture that is committed to quality, test driven development and repeatable processes through automation and infrastructure as code
- Develop and support core functionality and components to support traffic shaping/routing
- Build security into our systems and infrastructure to avert disruption and maintain uptime
- Design & develop tooling that ensures resiliency and redundancy for our infrastructure with an eye towards reducing mean time to recovery in failure scenarios. Passion for making production deployments and severity events boring and uneventful
- Develop tooling and services that provide real time insight into service and system health for a large distributed system
- Collaborate with other world-class software engineers across HBO to deliver ground-breaking content and features for the future of streaming media
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field
- 1+ year programming experience in C++ or C# or similar programming languages
- Ability to easily switch between independent and collaborative work
- Strong communication, problem-solving and time management skills
- Experience with devices such as tablets, smartphones, and game consoles
- OS: Windows, iOS, Android, MacOS, Linux
- Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
- Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
- Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
- This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
- Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
- Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS