Manager, Applications DevelopmentLocation Singapore, Singapore
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 181894BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The purpose of the Applications Development Manager is to monitor, analyze, design and develop HBO Go’s software applications in Asia Pacific.
This is an individual contributor role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with vendor development teams to design, develop Mobile, Web & Smart TV Applications that deliver on Product Strategy and adhere to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles.
- Instrument and analyze application performance issues and provide technical support to vendor teams
- Develop performance specifications for apps that are best in class, market competitive and ensure that the development of the apps deliver on these performance specifications
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure alignment to overall business and technology strategies and architectures
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Proven track record in building iOS/Android/Web/Smart TV applications for media or related products, with at least 3 -5 years of hands-on development.
- Knowledge of streaming technologies HLS, MPEG DASH, DRM tech, CDN operations
- Success in designing and building highly available application/systems at scale – and particularly in languages such as NodeJS, Python, GoLang, or Java.Exp with Typescript and Cross Platform development tools
- Solid understanding of Web and mobile Applications
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including security, networking, algorithms, data structures, and operating systems -
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- A passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS