Senior Director, Growth Marketing – HBO GO, SEALocation Singapore, Singapore
Business: HBO Max
Position Type:Job ID 179813BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
The Senior Director, Growth Marketing SE Asia will be responsible for effectively & efficiently acquiring subscribers through a wide variety of channels maximizing the revenue growth for HBO GO.
Essential job functions
- Put together and manage the digital marketing program for HBO GO. Oversee digital marketing budget partnering with finance team on forecast and ongoing analysis.
- Lead a team of performance marketing specialists – manage resources by markets, goal setting, performance reviews and team development.
- Drive subscriber acquisitions by identifying ideal platform mix for each market and maximizing the opportunity.
- Manage and work closely with external partners (e.g. agencies, tech providers) to achieve subscription targets.
- Work closely with marketing analytics to develop customer segments by tracking platform performance, Cost per Acquisition (CPA). Constantly test and refine the new platform strategies, new products & formats.
- Collaborate with product teams on constantly improving the efficiency of the marketing program through automation solutions.
- Help identifying strategic areas of opportunities and creating roadmaps for development/implementation on: (a). Paid social (b). Video/content platforms (c). Search Engine Marketing (SEM) (d). Programmatic display e). Mobile in-app advertising.
- Work closely with the partner marketing teams and affiliate teams on co-marketing initiatives, subscription activation drives.
- Manage retention programs to maximize customer lifetime value by identifying customer segments and their journey + stages on the service.
- Implement strategy to extend customer life cycle by validating, recommendations and engagement.
- Partner with data strategy & consumer insights team to develop actionable insights and tools for all HBO GO teams to work on extending customer lifecycle.
- Lead constant innovation on engagement techniques, by experimenting and introducing new approach, along with evaluation of performance.
- Support social and brand teams to leverage scale and maximize efficiencies.
- Develop process to integrate digital and data into the workflows of all marketing teams. Be an evangelist for digital marketing and transformation.
- Work with global teams on best practices including but not limited to learnings and asset development.
- Experience in a Performance Marketing role, preferably within a digital business.
- Experience in developing and executing marketing strategies for subscription video / content brands, other subscription premium brands in a regional role.
- The ideal candidate will be a leader with a strong track record of managing and leading a cross-border team (preferably remote/virtual management).
- Data-driven executive with the ability to optimize decisions and campaigns through the usage of data.
- Commercially and financially astute, used to developing and working with budgets & forecasts.
- Demonstrable gravitas, strong personal impact with exceptional communication skills.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English – local language is a plus.
- Collaborative and collegiate in approach, commitment to the team and non-hierarchical mindset is important.
- Proven ability to blend strategic vision with excellent operational execution.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS