Senior Manager, Service Management - Technology & OperationsLocation Singapore, Singapore
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 181089BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The team is responsible for coordinating the company’s in-house and outsourced media services, this includes overseeing elements of strategy, design, transition, operations and continual service improvement. Supported by the Operations and Technology management teams, the Service Manager will manage Warner Media’s day-to-day relationships with service providers to ensure they deliver and perform to the SLAs, and provide added value.
The successful candidate will be analytical and able to grasp complex operational workflows as well as be able to form recommendations to improve the operational models. They will be a strong communicator and will have the ability to convey relatively complex technical concepts. They will have the ability to multi-task across numerous activities and organise data in a consistent way. They will be a keen innovator and challenger of the status-quo.
- Principal point of contact for WarnerMedia's broadcast, VOD and OTT service providers (25%)
- Oversee day-to-day running of these services and drive effective delivery. Ensure value is added by service providers.
- Enable WarnerMedia to scale whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs. Re-engineer our workflows and our 3rd party agreements to lock down cost effective prices and operating models for our channels’ playout and distribution.
- Enhance our broadcast and media supply chain workflows and integration to be better placed to optimise ad-revenue, use of promotional airtime and competitive scheduling.
- Develop our cloud playout solution for advertising insertion and widen our distribution footprint across key territories
- KPI Tracking and Monitoring (25%)
Track the services’ performance against SLAs to ensure that services are delivered to the highest levels. Track service credits. Track issues and problems, identify trends. Build comprehensive service reports and presentations for consumption by the executive teams. Work with internal and external support teams to manage issues through to resolution. Manage change requests. Manage our service providers’ purchase ordering processes: raise POs, track the delivery of the services, receipt PO accordingly and track invoicing disputes.
- Affiliate Distribution Support (20%)
- Be the key operational point of contact between affiliate distribution and wider T&O teams across technical engineering, content protection and anti-piracy.
- Manage communications regarding new launches, incidents and resolutions for WM APAC affiliate distribution team.
- Ensure that workflows with service providers are fit for purpose (10%)
- Partner with the business to understand ongoing requirements and strive for continuous improvement. Maintenance of the network business continuity and disaster recovery plans including the planning and execution of a twice-yearly rehearsal.
- Enable Business process automation for all repetitive, transactional tasks
- Distribution Support (10%)
- Support the playout and distribution re-procurement, support the migration to a “distribution ready” workflow, support the introduction of a content and metadata aggregator, re-engineer operational and technical supply chain workflows
- Business Support (10%)
- Support the business with new services launches.
- Support the timely provision of services and, where required, liaise with legal and finance.
- Understand new and ongoing business requirements, ensuring the services providers' propositions adequately reflect requirements.
- Stabilise and scale our VOD/Syndication/OTT capability.
Areas of Accountability:
- Accountable for the correct invoicing from our service providers
- Accountable for reducing our costs where possible as well as increase the depth & breadth of our services
- Accountable for keeping track of day-to-day issues and escalate as required
- Accountable for communicating status and progress with the ops and delivery teams
- Strong working knowledge of broadcast services, media supply, broadcast, playout and distribution
- At least 6 years' experience in operations or project management within a busy media or IT organisation
- Advanced hands-on experience with data manipulation in Excel, business process analysis and service management
- Strong knowledge of OTT Technical service providers
- Strong command of the English language (written and spoken), proficiency in a second language is beneficial.
- A good understanding of managing budgets
- Some hands-on experience with data analytics is beneficial
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS