CNN News Associate – Temporary Rotational ProgramLocation Washington, DC
Position Type: TemporaryJob ID 180942BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our story. We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Works with Bureau management to support bureau coverage and show production. Print scripts for anchors, operate the Teleprompter and greet guests. Work with live producers, show staffs and reporters on live shots and coverage of live events. Monitor a variety of sources, including social media, wires and local news to assist in newsgathering efforts. Conduct research at the direction of producers and desk management, which may include identifying video or digital stories Pitch stories for various CNN networks and platforms.
- At least one internship in a news environment and previous newsroom experience.
- Strong general news judgment and editorial skills.
- Should have the ability to multi-task and make fast decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Candidate should be computer literate and have a working knowledge of social media.
- The Washington, DC Bureau assignment desk is staffed 24 hours a day.
- Candidates should be prepared to work various shifts including overnights and weekends.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS