Producer I-State of the Union-DCLocation Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177356BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
This producer is responsible for guest segments, interviews and taped spots on SOTU, and must pitch compelling and creative segment ideas on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have a political news background and be able to pitch political voices and segments. We're looking for a producer with strong editorial judgment to help generate compelling and creative segment ideas, and will be responsible for selecting key video, soundbites, quotes, and other information to be used as production elements.
- The producer will work closely with senior producers and management to ensure that the direction of segments fit the show's mission and that copy is urgent.
- Must be able to produce segments under tight deadlines and pitch story & guest ideas.
- This producer must have the ability to write package scripts on tight deadlines, and craft hard-hitting segment questions based on thorough research.
- 5+ years' producing experience.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Field production experience and control room experience are necessary.
- Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organizational skills to bring it all together.
- Must have a strong political news background.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS