Production Manager-Newsource, Business Administration (DC)Location Washington, DC
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179286BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Help manage the Newsource DC logistical and production process for reporter live shots and packages - Key point person for all Newsource DC Productions requests; serve as a liaison between the production team and affiliates to provide excellent and efficient customer service in response to production requests.
- Secure production resources on behalf of clients by liaising with assignment desk, futures, beat teams (White House and Capitol Hill) and field production to ensure coverage of events, coordinate affiliate interviews, and DC-based affiliate reporter live shot requests.
- Serve as the onsite coordinator representing Newsource at major CNN events, including debates, town halls, and other special events.
- Travel for breaking news to assist with live production and logistical support as needed.
- Provide logistical, technical, and editorial support to reporters and photojournalists in the field.
- Handle futures coverage plans and forecast programming needs for newsworthy dates/events, including live channel bump shots, live shots, and content planning. This involves coordination with bureaus across the country to maximize regional coverage with CNN resources.
- Responsible for coordinating areas such as expense report approval, process invoices, onboarding new hires, order equipment and office supplies, workspace move requests, calendar maintenance, catering, executive support, and work scheduling.
- Honor budgets and take ownership of cost center in day-to-day operations as well as event coverage.
- Arrange travel for traveling crews responding to breaking news and planned news events.
- Foster relationships across departments and cities to provide seamless service for clients.
- Liaison with business partners such as Technology Services and Human Resources.
- Writes and produces franchise packages and/or day-of packages with consistency as needed. Ensures stories meet all S&P guidelines. Collaborates with Newsource editors and reporters on package production.
- Helps support Newsource correspondents
- Responds quickly and accurately to breaking news stories and to support the overall Newsource service.
- Partners with reporters to write and produce packages for use in live reports.
- 3 to 5 years of experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS