Virtual CNN The Lead Intern, Spring 2021Location Washington, DC
Position Type: InternJob ID 179556BR Apply Now
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The Lead covers a variety of stories and topic areas including international news, politics, business, sports and pop culture.
The intern will work with the team of The Lead that airs weekdays at 4 p.m.
- Students may have the opportunity to learn and observe a number of functions within the department, such as show research, videotape screening, logging, dubbing and other show production needs.
- The opportunity for taking on greater responsibility is available to interns who demonstrate strong self-motivation and news judgment.
- Interns should come away with sharper editorial and writing skills, exposure to leading technology and an increased knowledge of the U.S. government and political system.
- Candidates should be seeking a career in broadcast journalism, should be self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Interns need to be available during the week for this internship.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
The Spring 2021 program dates are January 25th through April 16th. The internship will be a full remote/virtual experience. Most internships will provide a company owned laptop for the duration of the internship program. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on bureau location and relocation is not provided as the program is fully remote/virtual. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in college. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS